There is no doubt that offering leasing can help increase your sales. It won’t convert your cash paying customers, but it can help save transactions that would otherwise be lost due to capital budget/cash flow constraints.
- Selling a payment structure is easier than selling a total price.
- Offering leasing doesn’t cost you anything and you get paid in full just like a cash sale.
So the real questions become “How do I offer financing?” and “When should I offer financing?”
How do I offer packaging equipment financing?
The “how” is incredibly easy and only takes a few seconds.
Using our Payment Calculator, enter the equipment cost and click “Calculate”.
That’s all you need to generate a .pdf financing proposal for your customer.
If your customer has financing questions, refer them directly to us (888-692-6722), and we will take it from there.
When should I offer packaging equipment financing?
Proactively presenting a financing option up front with your equipment quotes is more effective than waiting to see if your prospect asks for it.
After over 27 years specializing in packaging equipment financing, we have seen this proven time and again. Why?
- Most project leaders won’t think of asking about financing.
- The best way to overcome an objection is to address it before it comes up. The first question your customer is going think of is how they are going to pay for your equipment.
- The sales process will rarely involve just one decision maker. In a typical company with 100-500 employees, an average of 7 people are involved in most buying decisions. Even with smaller companies, multiple people will play a role in decision-making.
What does this mean for you?
- Despite appearances, it is highly likely the project leader you are dealing with — even if it is the owner of the company — is NOT the only financial decision maker.
- You may never have the opportunity to persuade the actual decision makers not to automatically say “No” if they think they can’t afford your equipment.
- It is crucial to present a financing solution with your equipment quote so it gets in front of every player in the decision-making process.
What it boils down to…
Offering financing with your equipment quotes is free, takes almost no time, is effective, and can help you close more sales. It doesn’t get simpler than that.
And if you have any questions, our friendly specialists are always happy to help, no matter how basic or complicated the question is. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 888-692-6722.
Some common questions about offering a packaging equipment financing solution from American Packaging Capital.
How does my customer apply for packaging equipment financing?
Do I have to learn about financing to offer it?
Absolutely not. If your customer has questions about financing, just refer them directly to us at 800-829-9008. You can rely on us to handle all financing questions so you don’t have to get in the middle and can focus on selling equipment.
Should I only offer one term length and Purchase Option type to keep it simple?
We recommend that you offer all of the options on the financing proposal. The reason?
Every company has unique needs. A company’s financial decision makers are the only ones who have enough knowledge about their financial situation and requirements to determine the right solution for them. If you narrow their options and what you present doesn’t happen to fit their needs, then you also narrow your opportunity to close the sale.
If I give my customer’s name to you, what do you do with that information?
Rest assured that if you contact us about your prospective transaction, we keep all information you provide confidential. We do not disclose your transaction to other equipment suppliers. We do not pursue your customer for marketing purposes. We do not contact your customer unless you ask us to or they reach out to us. We do, however, make a record of what you communicate to us so that we can update you if your customer should contact us about your transaction.
Do you have any other helpful online tools related to financing for my customers?
Leasing qualifies for available tax benefits. We have a Tax Benefits Calculator that can help your customers explore them.
Why should I offer financing from American Packaging Capital?
For over 27 years, we have been the only lender in the USA specializing exclusively in packaging equipment. We understand you, the equipment you sell, and the challenges you face while selling it. (See our blogs Packaging Equipment Leasing and Financing and Closing More Sales – Overcoming Capital Budget Limitations to learn more.)
Do you have more questions or just want to speak with a real person to walk you through the process? Call us at 888-692-6722. We look forward to hearing from you.